Wednesday, March 30, 2011

NEW Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadows (Spring 2011)

So I am sure that most of you guys have seen these already.  Maybelline's Expertwear Eyeshadows have a different look, and supposedly a different formulation too.  

From what I understand, they have brand new colors and combination as well, and have kept some old palettes including Chai Latte (one of their most popular palettes), and Enchanted Forest.

I saw these at Walmart, and they are divided in different categories and different color schemes:
Perfect Pastels
Chic Naturals
Modern Metallics
Stylish Smokes

Perfect Pastels:
Vibrant Spring Flower Colors in Quads and Trios
And they also have duos and singles too!  Look at those beautiful sky blue colors and pastel pink!  OHH!
 Chic Naturals:
For you ladies that like your neutrals
 Modern Metallics:
For those of you that like your bronze, golds, and deep browns.   Look- "Chai Latte" is already gone!

Stylish Smokes:
I think Maybelline is most famous for the smokey palettes.  Here they appear again, and they are prefect for evening wear.

And the 8-pan look pretty good with new colors!

Do any of you own these new Maybelline palettes?  Do you really find them to be different from the old ones in formulation or is it the same just packaged differently?  Send me your thoughts in the comment below!

xoxo
Wing

PS I haven't done too many reviews on Maybelline because I know that they do test on animals.  I just want to put that out there.  It doesn't mean that I won't use or review their products, but I also think that since I am a beauty blogger, I have the responsibility to put a disclaimer when reviewing products that test on animals.

6 comments:

aly7 said...

great post! i have an expert wear shadow single and I absolutely hate it! it wears off sooooo easy! i tried a TON of primers too! (benefit stay dont stray, elf from the eye primer/liner sealer stick, Pop eye magnet primer, and Urban Decay primer potion.i just HATE the shadow, and think that they did not change the formula:(

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Woww thanks for sharing <3 They look great :D

Wing Law said...

Thanks for stopping by as usual ladies!
xoxo
Wing

SandyMac312 said...

the quad palettes are just the same as the old ones in pigment wise, only difference i see is that they changed the size of the pan to make it more suitable for what you really need to use more vs less. and the duo colors are extremely great! their pastel color duos are great for spring and amazing! =D i did a mini haul on them when ulta had a sale. =]

Kat said...

I have looked at these new palettes by Maybelline, but to be honest I've just been so burned by the lackluster pigmentation and staying power of previous palettes that I am unwilling to give these a try. Also, the shades don't bring anything new to my collection.

Anonymous said...

I bought the new Chai Latte and I'm disappointed... it looks exactly like the old one, pigmentation-wise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...