Friday, January 7, 2011

Sephora Color Play Palette - 5 in 1 II - Fashion Edition

I saw this in Sephora, and I was thinking to myself, "Wait, they are coming out with the same product again?".  But then I quickly realized that it's a different 5 in 1 from last year's.  I actually bought the one from last year, and I did like it a lot!  The only thing I didn't like about it were the blushes, which were way to sheer for my skin tone.  The pigmentation of the shadows though are excellent, and the glosses are ok.  As with the Sephora Blockbuster palette as well, I find that eyeshadows are always the winner for these Sephora palettes.  Everything else is just kind of ok.

This year I guess they decided to come out with a similar product but with different combination of colors.  If you are unfamiliar with the product, basically it's a big palette that can be broken down into five smaller palettes on the go.  And they give you a little black case so that you can take that palette with you.  For $30, it's really quite a bargain in my opinion.  I did a review on last year's 5 in 1 awhile back.  I will include the link here in case you are interested in seeing it.  For last year's 5 in 1, each little palette had a different theme inspired by major cities in the wolrd including Tokyo, Milan, New York etc.  This year.  Here's this year's theme.

From the Sephora website:

"Presenting Color Play 5-in-1, a limited-edition set inspired by the beautiful looks of Shopbop.com, the premiere online destination for fashion-forward women. This collection comes with five runway-inspired sub palettes, each its own color story. The five sub-palettes can be removed from the main array to fit easily into a conveniently portable compact."


Click here for the NEW Sephora 5 in 1II palette

Click here to see the video review I did on last year's Sephora 5 in 1

It is limited edition, so grab one when you have a chance!  I snapped a couple of pictures in the store to share with you guys.  For me, I won't be buying this since I have still to use up the old one.




xoox
Wing

7 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey this is looking sooo lovely!! Thanks for the pics:)
Hey plz check out my new website- http://www.chamberofbeauty.com
Plz follow too:)

Wing Law said...

Just joined your site hun! Looking good!!! :)

LydiaKrow said...

I'm actually thinking about getting the "Color Diary" version of this set, which has eyeshadows with a blush and a lip gloss tube (rather than lip gloss in pots). I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of lip color in a pot; I usually pass on collections that have too many of these in them. Unfortunately, the color diary isn't in stock. :(

Dyna said...

awesome post. :)

Wing Law said...

Lydia, I didn't see the Color Diary when I was in store. I was thinking about getting it and just couldn't do it. I have WAY too many palettes that I need to use first!! Dyna and Rkhshanda, thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Wing

LydiaKrow said...

Yep, I am right with you on having too many palettes that I need to use first. I've decided to limit myself to only getting Wet & Wild trios and sets this year. I think I was attracted by the portability factor of the Color Diary, but there will always be something like that, so I can get it when my current sets run out. :)

Wing Law said...

Lydia, the makeup world always comes up with something new just when you say, "OK, this is enough". After I get this so and so palette I won't be buying anymore. Then BAM, they come up with something SO GOOD, that you are like, damn I HAVE to get it! That's how they get you. Today is Day 8 of being makeup sober. I don't know if I can do it anymore since Walgreens is 50% off Wet n Wild starting Sunday. I WANT those Wet n Wild Trio!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...