I must say that I have seen quite few fashion shows this season for New York Fashion Week, and every show has amazing designs, makeup and hair.
But this show really stuck out to me with this inspiration: the grace of the South Seas and effortless style of Polynesian women.
Aww... It makes me think of the ocean, the beach, the romance, which are really my most favorite things to think about! I do dream of living next to the beach one day!
The Lead Hairstylist was Nate Rosencranz for Alterna Haircare. It's Beachy Waves but with a twist. Yes, romance... Here's how to create this:
1. Prep damp hair by liberally spreading the Alterna Haircare Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse from root to tip
2. Blow dry hair with high heat, roughing hair with your hands as it dries
3. Starting at the back of the head, take 2-3 inch wide sections from side to side. Subsection the hair and twist the section and roll it in the opposite direction of the twist vertically around a 1-1/2 inch barrel curling iron. Change the direction of the twist from section to section. Repeat this up to the crown of the head.
4. In the top section, repeat the same as the last step only starting 4-5 inches from the root.
5. Let the hair cool and comb out w a wide took comb. Spray the ends with Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Texture Finishing Spray.
6. To add shine, spread a small amount of Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist to the smooth top of the hair
OCC was also in the house! The Makeup Artists created strong brows and dewy skin, with plenty of bronzer. It is a beautiful natural look
Skincare is by Skyn Iceland! I even tried it out there too! See my instagram:
And here's the pre-presentation! I am obsessed!