Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain for Lips

 Top to bottom:Charm, Cherish, Lovesick, Rendez-vous
  Left to Right: Lovesick, Cherish, Rendez-vous, Charm
 Left to Right: Lovesick, Cherish, Rendez-vous, Charm
 Left to Right: Lovesick, Charm, Cherish, Rendez-vous

 OK I instantly fell in love with these when I saw someone blog about it.  I was like, I HAVE to get these.  And I finally spotted these at Rite Aid and I grabbed them so quickly!  I got four colors.  Here's my short review.  To see a more detailed review, please see my video below!

Pros:
-Great Pigmentation
-Buildable Color
-Smooth Application
-Wide Range Of Gorgeous Colors
-Long Lasting
-Affordable at around $7-8
-A real mix between a balm and lip stain
-A very slight mint smell
-Retratable
-Cute Packaging
Cons:
-Can make your lips dry after a few hours
-Not as moisturizing as I expected.  I still prefer the texture of the Clinique Chubby Sticks
-Can be tricky to remove as it becomes a stain
Tip to make it work:
-Reapply after a few hours to avoid getting dry lips (especially after eating and drinking)
-Build up the pigmentation by applying it a few times


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that Revlon really just stole the idea from Clinique!

The chubby stick from Clinique looks exactly the same and has the same colours!

http://tarte-aux-fraises.blogspot.com/2011/04/clinique-chubby-stick.html

Lily said...

I've bought these in almost every color! I really, really love them. Thanks for the great review and tips! :D

I had a question about the one color I have yet to buy - Charm. It looks so pretty in your swatch! Does Charm have any pink or pinky-peach undertones to it's color? Or is it strictly very warm toned? What does the stain look like? Is it very warm toned or does it have any pinky or pinky-peachy tones to it?

The only complaint I have about these is that I can't see the actual product prior to purchase. I really wish they had little see-through windows in the caps like the Lip Butters. I was surprised by a few colors when I opened them based on the color coordinated packaging and stickers.

Thanks again for the great review and swatches! :D

Wing Law said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! Charm looks pretty much true to color! It has the slightly pinky tone.

Unknown said...

I adore these!! I have 3 of them and I also love the cooling effect. So minty

JBS1984 said...

I absolutely love these!! Major bang for your buck. I have to agree w/a comment above. Revlon totally stole the idea from Clinique. I had just gone through 3 of 4 Clinique Chubby sticks I received for christmas when I bumped into a clerk setting up the promotional stand @Walgreens. I was like, $8?! Why not? Plus all revlon makeup was on sale buy one, get one 50% off... Even better!! I actually like them more because these have a minty essence to them- DELISH!! Just enough color+Moisture= Awesome!! I preffer using department store makeup but i'm always open to try drugstore makeup- These won't disappoint!!

Carol Lee said...

Aww its drying effect had been the constant complain of other reviewers too. Maybe Clinique's Chubby Stick is a better choice.

online makeup

pedicure said...

Wet n wild Sparkle till morning. Useful information

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...